Dangerous Goods

Age Restricted Items

Your basket contains age restricted products. We only sell and deliver items classed as dangerous goods (e.g. knives and blades) to schools, companies and individuals who can prove they are over 18 years of age.

By placing an order for any knife, blade or any other dangerous good, you must be over 18 years of age and must declare that you are 18 years of age or over. All knives must be used responsibly and appropriately. Delivery of age restricted items will only be delivered to the address on the shipping label, but this can include the reception of a commercial building. We take our responsibility in relation to the sale of age restricted items extremely seriously and as such a valid photographic ID and a signature of the recipient will be required upon delivery. Delivery to a neighbour, locker or nominated safe place location is not available for these items. If the recipient is not over the age of 18 and has not been able to show valid photo Id, the item will be returned to Better Equipped. If your order is being delivered to a commercial address or residential apartment block, the receptionist or mail room colleague receiving your order will need to provide a valid photo ID, showing they are aged 18 or over. If they can't, the parcel will be returned to Better Equipped.

In order to ensure compliance with Dangerous Good legislation we have put in place three key age verification checks:

  • A declaration at checkout required by our customers to confirm they are over 18 years of age.
  • An internal age verification check before processing orders containing age restricted products – this is completed by the customer service team at Better Equipped.
  • Our couriers will carry out an age check at the point of delivery, this will require the purchaser and recipient of the delivery to provide proof of age (photo id) and sign to confirm they are over 18 and have received the goods.

For the purposes of age verification the following are approved forms of photo identification:

  • A Valid Passport
  • A European Union Photocard Driving Licence
  • National Identity Card issued by European Union Member State (other than the United Kingdom), and Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland
  • A Photographic Identity Card bearing a national Proof of Age Standard Scheme (PASS) hologram
  • Ministry of Defence Form 90
  • A Biometric Immigration Document